Friday, January 17, 2014

Quick Update

I just wanted to quickly update you all about the progress that my students have made in their blogs.

So far, students have been given the assignment with  explanations, due dates, and rubrics for both the presentation portion and the blogging portion of the assignment. I gave out the assignment Tuesday, which you can find on my Google Drive by clicking this link. If you are interested in getting a copy, let me know and I will email you!

Students were generally very excited about the project. The thought of a 550 point project that will span a semester was a bit off putting at first, but the overall reaction was excitement.

Students first filled out a blog proposal, which allowed me to have a spreadsheet of pseudonyms, names, email addresses, and blog topics. This got students thinking about what they'd like to write about, and it allowed me to access their thoughts as well!

Today we headed to the library for students to actually create their blogs. This worked out extremely well. We used Blogger with their hcs-students.net accounts, and they worked independently to create a personal spot for them to write. You can find my (sloppy, but usable) Blogger notes to help students get started here.

I couldn't be more thrilled about what I'm seeing from my students, and I hope that they are as proud of themselves as I am of them.

Their first blog post is due January 31, so I will keep you posted!

Thanks!
-Ms. Z

No comments:

Post a Comment